Father of Lies Trilogy by Steve Stred

RitualRitual by Steve Stred
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I've been following Steve Stred's reviews for a while even though I'm far from a devout horror reader, but there is a certainly a community of readers and writers out there that are pointing me in the direction of stuff I think I'd be interested in. I went into this one with next to no knowledge and it was an eye-opening novella that's for sure.

Brad is "The Chosen" for a church/cult and we meet him in the lead up to the ritual of the title as he performs odd jobs to get things ready and we are given a peak into his mudane life. From there things are anything but mundane and I'm happy that there is a sequel on the way to further this intirguing, if disturbing tale.


View all my reviews COMMUNIONCOMMUNION by Steve Stred
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow! This one picks up a week after the events of Ritual with Detective McKay looking into said ritual of the first book. He is visited by a woman with information pertaining to this and meets with her in the small hours of the morning only to be attacked with a rusty nail and a punch to the nose. This is merely the tip of the iceberg as the Detective is drawn into events that have been percolating from further and longer than he can comprehend.
 
Stred's sequel builds upon the original and makes the mystery even more compelling. I raced through this one dying to find out what was going to happen next. As with the first, Stred has built things up for the trilogy finale, which I hope to see sooner rather than later.

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Author Spotlight: Andrew Davie

Author Spotlight - Tom Leins

Coldwater by Tom Pitts